upSHIFT (autoKOREKTA) is a training based on business flexibility and being open to change. It is a simulation of work in organization, where these factors decide whether you succeed or not: ability to adapt to new situations, being open to take in improvements, flexible cooperation. It’s also a simulation of functioning on a market, which forces constant changes in organizations and requires quick decisions and aware adaptation.
During the game, participant is going to experience many aspects of change: personal, team-related, connected to smaller or bigger changes. In short amount of time, participants will gain experiences, which, after evaluation made by coach, will allow to understand needs connected to changes and to shape each attitude towards them in more aware way.
Participants will be moved to year 2030. Automotive industry has been through revolutionary changes during past few years. Deposits of raw energetic materials, that are running out as well as increasing pressure to limit CO2 emission, has led to stop producing petrol engines. Cars that used them are slowly moved from house garages to museums. Automotive market has been invaded by cars, which use eco-drive. There are a lot of customers, who are interested in new types of cars and the competition on the market is huge. Participants become the employees of few automotive businesses. Their job will be to analyze the market, make strategic decisions and build cars as well as deliver them to the market. Sudden change can be observed in production technologies. New ways of building cars are constantly developing. It only means that employees of automotive businesses have to be more flexible and constantly ready for changes.
Easy mechanics, pressure of time and the atmosphere of group competition are a quick trigger that makes participants emotional and guarantee high level of commitment.
In the process of changing these experience into knowledge the manual provides help. It consists of detailed description of leading the game in three variations and few scenarios of evaluation, that apply to various theories and case studies.
This game triggers the discussion about which type of attitude towards change is needed not only to maintain in the game of market, but also for a firm to achieve extraordinary results, being on top of competition.
Benefits for participants:
- Practicing flexibility and positive attitude towards changes and constant learning
- Understanding that changes are necessary that is a result of marker dynamics
- Acquaintance of perspective of changes, seeing them in a way of development
- preparation for taking psychosocial costs which are often triggered by technological and organizational changes
When is it worth to apply this game?
In companies which stand on the threshold of applying big change
- when it’s necessary to inform employees about the need of changes in company
- as a kick-off of process of change implementation, that makes it easier to talk to people about ups and downs that come from implementing changes and about attitudes which are necessary for going through change and making it successful.
Time of game: 2-4 hours
Amount of participants: 6-16 people
Set consists of:
- 720 tiles for building cars in 5 convenient packages
- Magnetic markers
- 12 boards for building cars
- 4 cards “Price list”
- 4 instructions of new technologies
- 16 sheets of a sense of competence
- 8 cards for playing when using variation with chairman
- 4 cards for tables
- Bag for carrying whole game set